Friday 19 June 2015

Palate, Uppercase, Loop Cafe: UBC food

I've already blogged about these places but...well, I ordered different things >__> I guess that's the good thing with UBC; at least they have enough variety to keep people (like me) coming back.


Here is an oat fudge brownie. It was only $2 too, and it's quite large x__x It's a lot of sugar to take in...I advise you to share this with someone. Also, please...don't call this lunch, because it's not. I see people going to Uppercase ordering dessert for a meal...really guys -__-

My dindin~ it's a quinoa curry wrap from Palate in the new SUB. I've been to Palate a few times and had their sandwiches, but I haven't tried their wraps. The wraps are also a $1 cheaper, so I thought, why not. I was surprised by the curry; usually, a lot of curried dishes (that aren't from Asian restaurants) are not spicy enough, for my taste. Surprisingly, after the first wrap, my tongue could feel the capsaicin. Palate deserves a gold star for that <3

This is one of my lunches. I've had the vegetarian Shepherd's pie a few times; it's quite good. I like the corner pieces, because the rims are crispy :P I also like ordering balsamic vinegar with the salad it comes with, because mixing it with the Shepherd's pie tastes amazing. It looks gross when you mix it though, so if you want to be more "civilized", you can try spooning portions of each separately into your mouth.

I just noticed that they serve Italian soda too! Not really worth the price, but when is Italian soda worth the price? It's literally syrup with carbonated water. I got coconut syrup and added milk to mine from the coffee area, hehehe. Fatmine hates the coconut one though. Whatev man xP


On another day (I don't remember) I got a quinoa brownie, and Fatmine ordered the tiramisu cup. The brownie tastes nice; moist, just a bit crumbly, and has a tinge of citrus.

However, the tiramisu...you can smell the rum. I think they accidentally put too much in the cream. After having a little spoonful, the alcohol is pretty prominent. Other than that, it didn't taste too bad.
Fatmine got drunk though. She was saying all kinds of nonsense (jk, she didn't get drunk).

No comments:

Post a Comment