Monday 3 August 2015

Malay Satay Hut + Tapioca Express

Malay Satay Hut is pretty much one of the only Malaysian places in my area. :( It's pretty authentic, according to my Malaysian fam.
 
The roti canai is my favorite. We always order 9999 of these because they cost $3.50, and the curry is amazing. It's not too spicy, and it's potato curry :)) There's something about authentic Malaysian curry that makes it so delicious.
 


The picture below is what we ordered. In the middle of the table is a bowl of chicken flavored rice. Malaysian restaurants usually serve flavored rice; they can have turmeric rice and coconut rice as well. I think this place also serves coconut rice, but we didn't get any...so I ate my food without rice </3

There's also one dish that's not pictured here, which was the mango fried rice. The sauce was a rendition of sweet and sour sauce, except it was REALLY strong; it was really overpowering. I liked the mangoes, but the sauce killed it for me.

Tapioca Express is just a few stores away :D I got the peach lychee tea, and Santiupo (which means skinny in Hokkien; that's usually what my relatives call my skinny brother) got the chai...with aloe jelly. -__- Like, what the...the chai was good, but the aloe totally ruined it. It...didn't really mix at all.

Malay: 15230 24th St Ne, Redmond, WA 98052
TapEx: 15230 Ne 24th St, Redmond, WA 98052

No comments:

Post a Comment